Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Previous Dallas Geek Nights

I think it will be good for me to capture general impressions of what we're doing each week at the Dallas Geek Night in a blog entry. Since some have already occurred I'll briefly summarize what I remember about them and then be a bit more diligent going forward.

August 11, 2010
First meeting of the Dallas Geek Night. I seem to remember some Java/Objective-C/Clojure(?) pairing going on. (The Objective-C was Bill Schofield's iPhone 'particle engine' app). I surrendered my laptop to let Graham Brooks lead a discussion about some of his projects.

August 18, 2010
Bill and Tim continued on the iPhone app. I think Paul and Srini paired a bit on swiby. I paired with Yujun on his Compalgo project trying to come up with a simple example. Cosmin worked on some Clojure (RSS feed reader?).

August 25, 2010
I did a bit of pairing on a C# project with Michael Perry. Greg and (the other) Richard did some Haskell. Yujun continued on Compalgo.

September 1, 2010
Paul and I paired on trying to extend LambdaJ to add an average function (it already has a sum).

September 8, 2010
Bill continued work on his iPhone app with assistance from Tim and others. Srini and I tried to understand the basics of ASM for code generation. Paul and (?) worked on a Firefox plug-in.

No comments:

Post a Comment